Monday, March 22, 2010

Singing is for the birds

I recently got a job interview a couple weeks ago, THE FIRST ONE IN 11 MONTHS OF APPLYING PLACES!!! It was for Cold Stone Ice Cream.....ugh well it was more like an audition. I was so pumped and excited, only to have my excitement deflate rather quickly upon entering the store for the (what I thought) interview. There in the middle of the store was 14 chairs lined up and filing up quickly with awkward high school kids, "okay " I thought "No problem, they'll just take us in a backroom for a private interview".......NOPE they had us sing, that's right SING!!! Now for those of you out there that know me I don't sing and if I do......well you just don't want me to sing. Anyways sorry I'm getting ahead of myself, I have only been to cold stone one time and that was like 8 or 9 years ago when my sister Rahndi was going to school in Logan and I was there hanging out with her. SOOO back to my story since I've only been there once I had no idea that employees have to sing for their tips............now I will just tell you now that I can't just burst into song at the drop of a hat (tip) like some Disney character, to a stranger no less.......so there I was sitting amongst the nervous kids feeling rather ill myself but I was going to stick with it, I need a job and I will not let a potential job slip away just because I didn't want to do the "interview". The manager of the store gets up and states that she would like us to sing once by ourselves and then one more time in groups having 5 min to come up with a song tune but replace the original lyrics to stuff that has so do with Coldstone and Icecream. For the LIFE of me when I sat there waiting for my individual tern to come I could not think of a song, well I could think of song titles, but couldnt think of more than two words in the song or even the tune, finally my turn came and I stood up there and I finally had to ask for a request from the audience one of the people said "YMCA" okay sweet I can do that no problem.....well the only words I knew was the "IT'S FUN TO STAY AT THE YMCA......ITS FUN TO STAY AT THE YMCA-A................." and that was all...need I say more I didn't get the job but I honestly don't care, that was by far the most awkward embarrassing interview EVER... So if your ever considering a job at Coldstone be prepared to SING!!!!!

No comments: